Ladies love beauty regardless of age, that’s why the beauty salon industry is gradually becoming a billion-dollar industry. Don't think that salon nail art is only suitable for young women, you can do fascinating nail art at any age. Good nail designs and nail colors for older ladies will make you look more stylish and young. Pay a visit to a top-rated nail salon in Eden Prairie or nail salon 55344 and let experienced nail technicians make your dream nails come true.
Simple and elegant nails designs
- Embrace the glimmer: One of the easiest ways to jazz up hands without aging them is to pick up a gold or silver nail polish. Chic and classy, aside from adding extra sparkle, gold and silver polish makes the perfect accent for most jewelry.
- Glittery glam: Glitter and glam go hand in hand. And where better than on your nails to indulge yourself with a bit of shimmer? Adding a little gold sparkle will draw attention away from the aging skin. But be careful to choose the right amount of glam.
- All that glitter: Yep, if you love all things sparkly, then why not show it on your nails? A manicure with glitter is a fun, bright look that will make you shine, especially when you’re in middle age.
Nail colors to freshen up your look after 40
While there are no etiquette rules about what's appropriate, some shades are more flattering for women over 40. If your hands show signs of aging, let your fingers do the talking; mellow and warmer nail colors draw attention to your manicure rather than to your hands. Q-nails
will use high-quality nail products to keep your manicured nails both pretty and healthy.
- Tiramisu is a soft cream color, subtle with a hint of pink. A color like this will suit springtime, or even getting closer to summer, to have a more neutral hue. It's soft and feminine and great for any time of the year.
- A chocolate mousse color for the winter season couldn’t be better.
- The older you get, the more you want to focus on flattering nail shades that bring a youthful glow back to your mani. A dark ruby red is more age appropriate for a middle-aged woman. No reds with a hint of pink.
- When in doubt, neutral nail color is the way to go. The neutrals range from nude to sheer tints of beige. These more natural-looking colors are perfect if you like to keep things simple, and they work well for both everyday and evening occasions.
- Gray nail polish color has been having a moment for a while now for a reason. Best of all, cozy gray nails make a statement without drawing attention to things like dark spots, lines, and fine wrinkles, so all the attention lies with your manicure and not your hands.
- The burnt sienna color is everyone's favorite crayon growing up, and now it's about to become your favorite nail polish that suits all ages.
- Maybe you like to march to a different beat. That's great! If you are over 40, then you deserve to. Peachy brown is a shade bound to become one of your all-time favorite nail polishes. It is flattering and unexpected at the same time.
- Want people to notice your manicure? Then choose a gorgeous color like fuchsia or violet. When you want something a little different but open out there, picks these kinds of colors.
- Vibrant orange: this bright, happy color is just the thing if you need a mood boost!
Some nail polishes to put away if you are a 40-year-old woman
As you age, skin can become more transparent as it naturally thins. It can develop dark spots as well. So when choosing nail polish colors for women over 40, you want to keep these things in mind so you don't bring unwanted attention to them.
- Blues and Greens: Vivid shades of blue and green polish colors are lovely. Unfortunately, they can draw attention to the veins in your hand, making them more noticeable and ultimately highlighting aging hands.
- Black: While one of the most elegant colors around, for women from 40 years old, stark black polish runs the risk of making mature hands appear less youthful, and emphasizes fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots.
- White: As we get older, the skin starts getting thinner, making our veins more apparent. To minimize this, avoid pale or cool colors such as whites.
Manicure tips for middle-aged women
- No matter your age, taking care of yourself is important. Doing your nails is a small thing you can do to boost your spirits and feel better about yourself. You can do at-home manicures or get your nails done at a top-ranked nail salon near you. To keep your look youthful, trim your nails fairly short with a "squoval" - squarish oval - shape.
- Who says kids should have all the fun when it comes to nails? There are lots of exciting trends coming out of the nail world (shellac, etc.) and you should give them a try! Have fun experimenting, and see what you like best.
Are you ready to give your manicure a youthful boost at some professional nail salons in your local area? Join us today and have fun with your new nail style.
Q-nails: 8251 Flying Cloud Dr. Suite 1242, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55344
- (952) 944-2099